Abandonment and cruelty in Spain is a massive problem

Abandonment and cruelty in Spain is a massive problem. On a daily basis Puppies, kitten, elderly dogs and sick animals are abandoned in the streets, countryside, on motorways and also […]

Abandonment and cruelty in Spain is a massive problem. On a daily basis Puppies, kitten, elderly dogs and sick animals are abandoned in the streets, countryside, on motorways and also disposed of in cruel and unacceptable ways. This has to STOP; it is cruel and barbaric and is not tolerable in the 21st century. Human beings should be kind and protect life on this planet.

The only solution is to stop the animals from being born in the first place. If a male and female dog gets together, the resulting procreation is 67,000 dogs in 6 years! If only 10% of dogs are ever homed what happens to the other 90%. Those are the facts!! It doesn’t take much to work out this is a huge number of animals that will suffer. The only solution then, is to educate and campaign for neutering. The ACTIN association will work for this goal but we need support to spread the message. Please support this cause with us. The more people there to spread this message, the more people will listen.

Rescuing animals is only a sticking plaster, the resources needed for this continuous rescuing is just not there. In spite of that, many people work tirelessly to help animals, we need to support these people, by alleviating that stress and tackling the problem at the root. It will take a long time to make these changes, please help us start NOW. The results will be improved hygiene on the streets and in villages, better health for our own pets, safer roads, improvements in the Spanish economy as far as tourism is concerned. But most of all the unendurable cruelty to animals could be alleviated, maybe even end...

To raise awareness of this massive problem, and to raise money to fund our ACTIN Neutering Campaign we held a special Dog Show Day that you can read about on this website.